Gift giving can be a stressful experience if you are stumped for an idea for the perfect gift. I have several “hard to buy for” loved ones in my life, and I struggle every year to find something unique, meaningful, or at least useful for family and friends that prove to be tougher to shop for than others. I spend a lot of time on the internet looking for just the right gift. I’m a big fan of personalized gifts, one-of-a-kind (but on a budget) items, or unusual gifts that people will actually use. Here are 10 of the best I’ve found so far this year.
1. Personalized calendars, pillows, mugs, and canvas art are a great way to share special memories. Right now, you can get a Free 16 x 20 canvas print (I’m not kidding!) from Canvas Champ.
2. Gift Baskets are great gifts for bosses, clients, employees, or teachers, but they can also be a great gift for someone close to you with items chosen especially for them. Design It Yourself Gift Baskets, lets you start with their pre-built baskets and then customize the contents.
3. I wish I had found this site when my husband and son were still serving. LoveBook Online has so many book ideas for you to personalize for everyone in your life, but my favorite is the Military Love Book. I can’t imagine a soldier, sailor or marine that wouldn’t love to receive this from their loved one back home!
4. Music Boxes are so special and a lifelong keepsake made all the more special when you choose your own music! The "Custom Music Box Module" is one of the newest creations combining tradition and cutting edge technology from Music Box Attic. The custom box option lets you insert any song, sound or recording into any box you want (yours or theirs).
5. Musical Waterglobes and Snowdomes are a great way to give a gift that will be handed down through the years!
6. For those of you who live in cold climates, frosted windows are a winter issue that no one likes to deal with. This 12-volt Portable Defroster and heater quickly clears up fog and other visual obstacles, that can be distracting and dangerous, and quickly allows you to get on your way, faster. No need to wait until the engine warms up enough to run the defroster!
7. These are just too cute! Grandma always loves photos of the kiddos, but image how much more she’ll love them when displayed in these adorable frames. Get them here.
8. Succulents are really popular right now and you can find them everywhere from the grocery store, to the corner gas station to Lowe’s and Home Depot. If you have someone on your list that hasn’t had luck with plants in the past or just loves the modern/retro look of succulents, this adorable holder will take that simple plant to a work of art.
9. Sitting in a desk chair all day long can have all sorts of long-term health consequences that include slower metabolism, chronic pain and back and spine injures due to poor posture. This comfortable posture corrector can help. I bought one to use when I meditate since I have very poor posture and can’t really sit in a lotus position. If you tend towards more practical gifts, this one can’t be beat.
10. If you have a hunter, hiker, or fishing fanatic in your life, this heated vest is sure to become a necessity for any trip outdoors once the temperatures dip. Specially designed to provide extra protection in even the coldest environments, the Tech Heated Vest is the perfect, cold-weather gear for both men and women! Lightweight, versatile and stylish, this heated vest was created to provide the wearer with continuous warmth, while eliminating the negative effects of cold, winter weather on your body.